Hickory Top WMA 30-June-2026
I spotted this barrel on previous clean-ups and with the recent heat I decided to do a walk out and only pick this one item up. The intent with this was not only to remove an item, but turn a piece of trash into something useful.
It took longer than I thought, still I removed something and now had material to work with on a project. At a later date I started on turning this barrel into a planter, with the first step of cutting it in half with a jigsaw.
With some leftover paint from another project I painted one of the halves up and added weather stripping to the top edge. The majority of soil I just took from the yard and sifted adding just a little bit of store bought topsoil and compost. Tomato plants were added and the discarded trash was now something useful, it doesn't look great, but isn't that bad. The holes in the side were bullet holes already there when I picked it up, small enough soil won't drain out, but water will, so they worked out too.
This post comes about a month late, but better late than never. If I find more items I can transform like this in the future I will do so. Not everything needs to go to the dump.
Comments
Post a Comment